CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.34Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.30
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is written for the educated individual who is open to objectively examining his or her worldview and the methods used in forming such. It is particularly appropriate for individuals who are religious and/or who are into any form of pseudoscience but are beginning to question their beliefs. The premise that the use of reason, skepticism and science is the best route to the understanding of reality and leads to maximizing well-being for individuals and society at large is well supported. Unlike most books of this nature, it takes a wide and consistent perspective. Religion, alternative medicine, politics, evolution, climate change, conspiracy theories, pararmal activity, education, finance, communication and miscellaneous pseudosciences are addressed. There are so many topics covered, with citations, that it may be considered a beginning reference resource for topics discussed.
- Author BiographyTom Rafferty earned a BS degree from Springfield College and a Post-Graduate Certificate in Physical Therapy from the University of Pennsylvania. He is a retired licensed physical therapist and has over 38 years of clinical and management experience in a wide variety of physical therapy and rehabilitation settings. Included in Mr. Rafferty's background are Directorship positions in CARF-Certified Work Hardening/Industrial Rehab Centers, an Orthopedic Rehab Facility, a Family Practice PT Center and Hospital-Based Rehab Centers. In retirement, Mr. Rafferty authored three continuing education classes for distance education companies: National Academy of Continuing Education (www.nationalacademy.com) Pain Management Ergonomics and Injury Prevention; PT Courses.com (www.ptcourses.com) Alternative Medicine and Physical Therapy. Mr. Rafferty also has an inactive blog entitled Ratio Primoris (Reason Foremost) (ratioprimoris.blogspot.com), which was established to respectfully discuss reason in all aspects of human experience. Mr. Rafferty is a native of Boston, Massachusetts and grew up mainly in Lexington, Massachusetts. He presently resides in Charlotte, North Carolina with his wife of 40 years, Tricia. They have three children and three grandchildren.
- Author(s)Tom Rafferty
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication22/08/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight327 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.