Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $28.83Trending at AU $29.69
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $71.39
- AU $23.68Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $49.99Trending at AU $51.62
- AU $46.98Trending at AU $53.52
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $24.04
- AU $36.35Trending at AU $45.24
About this product
- Description<strong>Recommended by the Common Core State Standards for English Language Arts and Literacy as an exemplary informational text.</strong> All kinds of people are coming to America. If you're European, you come in search of freedom or riches. If you're African, you come in chains. And what about the Indians, what is happening to them? Soon with the influx of so many people, thirteen unique colonies are born, each with its own story. Meet Pocahontas and John Smith in Jamestown. Join William Penn and the Quakers in Pennsylvania. Sit with the judges at the Salem witch trials. Hike over the mountains with Daniel Boone. And let Ben Franklin give you some salty advice in his Poor Richard's Almanac in this remarkable journey through the dynamic creation of what one day becomes the United States. <strong>About the Series: </strong>Master storyteller Joy Hakim has excited millions of young minds with the great drama of American history in her award-winning series A History of US. Recommended by the Common Core State Standards for English Language Arts and Literacy as an exemplary informational text, A History of US weaves together exciting stories that bring American history to life. Hailed by reviewers, historians, educators, and parents for its exciting, thought-provoking narrative, the books have been recognized as a break-through tool in teaching history and critical reading skills to young people. In ten books that span from Prehistory to the 21st century, young people will never think of American history as boring again.
- Author Biography<strong>Joy Hakim</strong>, a former teacher, editor, and writer won the prestigious James Michener Prize for her series, A History of US, which has sold over 4 million copies nationwide. A graduate of Smith College and Goucher College she spent years teaching students from elementary school up to the college level. She also served as an Associate Editor at Norfolk's Virginian-Pilot, and was an Assistant Editor at McGraw-Hill's World News.
- Author(s)Joy Hakim
- PublisherOxford University Press, USA
- Date of Publication02/01/2006
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Series TitleHistory of Us
- Series Part/Volume Number02
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOxford University Press, USA
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, colour illustrations, maps
- Weight603 g
- Width196 mm
- Height239 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound,Paper over boards
- Edition Statement3rd
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.