All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.99
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
About this product
- DescriptionThis imaginative guide shows how to move beyond spelling lists and rote memorisation to make words both meaningful and memorable for all your pupils. It builds on the connection between vocabulary and comprehension and guides teachers in their most important task - building a strong literacy foundation. Full of efficient, effective, and engaging strategies, this useful guide explores invative ways to organise vocabulary instruction in the primary classroom.It demonstrates how to: create a positive, pupil-centred environment for the concept-based, multi-layered learning of words; teach vocabulary during shared reading, guided reading, and independent time; incorporate visual displays of reading aloud/picture study vocabulary to develop important conceptual kwledge; introduce think-and-search prompts and stretch charts to expand word kwledge during shared reading; and build reading and writing independence with a wealth of fun small-group, and word-play challenges. From the role of semantics and syntax to a wealth of photocopiable, classroom-tested activities, this imaginative guide helps you give your students the lifelong gift of words and language.
- Author BiographyKellie Buis has explored early literacy, the reading/writing connection, and approaches to developing children's literacy through their own storytelling for more than twenty-five years. As a teacher, consultant, and university professor, she has inspired students to grow as learners and writers and has worked with colleagues to promote their important role as teachers of writers.
- Author(s)Kellie Buis
- PublisherPembroke Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication15/01/2004
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationOttawa
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintPembroke Publishing Ltd
- Content Notefigures, handouts, worksheets
- Weight390 g
- Width212 mm
- Height275 mm
- Spine8 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.