All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.39Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $74.54Trending at AU $75.65
- AU $22.12Trending at AU $22.74
- AU $35.52Trending at AU $38.58
- AU $31.31Trending at AU $37.07
- AU $17.65Trending at AU $22.78
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.34
About this product
- DescriptionIn Making a Better World with the Baha'i Faith, How Baha'is are transforming our world into a more unified, prosperous, and spiritual home for all mankind, author Nathan Thomas explores how people find a global community implementing a comprehensive solution for humanity's troubles in our age within the Baha'i Faith. The book first looks at the ultimate aims and aspirations of the Baha'i Faith for building a new world civilization from the ground up. Set for us by the hand of the founder of the Baha'i Faith in the late 1800's, Baha'u'llah gave the world a compelling list of aspirational goals to achieve that would transform our world. From the elimination of prejudice and religious fanaticism, to the alleviation of extremes of poverty, to universal education and equality of people of all races, to world peace through collective security; the Baha'i community has some ambitious plans to change our world. It also explores the organized aspect of this new world faith. In order to achieve these goals, the Baha'i Faith has mobilized a global community unlike anything ever seen before in the history of religion or government. With both an elected and appointed component, this grassroots-based organization brings out the best in humanity while nullifying its weaknesses through tools such as consultation, universal participation, empowerment of youth, and an unbreakable foundation laid for us by the Founder of this faith Himself in the form of the Covenant of Baha'u'llah. Lastly, the book covers the infusion of spirituality that powers this new world faith. Inspiring this organization and feeding the hearts of the community in order to achieve its goals is a renewed spirit for all humanity. This new spirit inspires people to strive to live a moral life, share the message of love and hope with all mankind, and cultivate a new culture of trustworthiness between people of all backgrounds. With the help of illustrative stories, quotations from the Baha'i Holy Writings, and a brisk and conversational style, Making a Better World with the Baha'i Faith can help people realize the amazing potential of this new world faith to really make a lasting difference in the world.
- Author(s)Nathan Thomas
- PublisherGreysands Media
- Date of Publication08/03/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Series TitleWhyunite?
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreysands Media
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight503 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.