Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionMaking a Difference in the Classroom: The Reality and Truth of Teaching in Schools Today makes the case that our schools will continue to struggle until we take an honest approach to what we kw works in the classroom. This book is a frank discussion about what teachers face and what teacher candidates should kw before they enter the classroom. Until we implement an honest approach to our education challenges, our students will continue to fail. Teacher candidates consistently fulfill graduation requirements. Yet, they fail our students. This book provides a refreshing viewpoint as decision-makers hold conversations about changes in methodologies, in pedagogy, and in standard practices of teaching. Making a Difference in the Classroom discusses possible solutions that would evaluate college students to determine if they have what it takes to pursue teaching. It discusses a fundamental scientific flaw of using past data to analyze a fluid system (students) and using the results to extrapolate information for future predictions. With that in mind, it becomes imperative that we move hastily toward viable solutions.
- Author BiographyCharlese E. Brown, a New Orleans native and a graduate of Xavier University of Louisiana, has been teaching for over 20 years.
- Author(s)Charlese Brown
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication13/04/2012
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLanham
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Education
- Weight308 g
- Width159 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine14 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.