Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $11.50Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAll gardeners dream of creating a garden that is their vision of perfection - whether that is a structured plot complete with ordered tree avenues and immaculate rose beds, or a simple, inviting space for unwinding or entertaining. But just how do you go about turning that vision into reality? Matthew Wilson's Making a Garden demystifies garden design, using real case studies to demonstrate how the ideas and techniques behind them can be translated to your garden at home. In addition, Matthew gives detailed guidance on successful planting. Starting with the initial assessment and planning stages, Matthew reveals the thinking that lies behind great garden design. He discusses the issues that preoccupy all gardeners: planning, providing for different needs, maximising space and working with nature. He goes on to show readers how to transform their space, covering topics such as enhancing light levels and choosing plants for colour, texture and form. Alluring colour photography and detailed hand-drawn plans act as inspirational visual references, while straightforward action plans show you how to create your perfect outdoor space. Providing all the ideas and practical information that you need, Matthew Wilson's Making A Garden is an informative, engaging and essential guide to creating the garden of your dreams.
- Author BiographyMatthew is Managing Director of Clifton Nurseries, London's oldest and most beautiful garden centre. He previously spent 10 years working at the Royal Horticultural Society, and before leaving in 2009 was Head of Gardens Creative Delevopment, working across all four RHS gardens in a creative capacity. Matthew broadcasts regularly on Radio 4's Gardeners Question Time and has been a garden columnist at Country Life and contributes to a number of publications including the Daily Telegraph and The Guardian. Matthew has also appeared on a number of terrestrial and satellite television programmes, including the BBC's Gardeners' World. In 2007 Matthew's previous book, New Gardening; How to Garden in a Changing Climate, was awarded Practical Book of the Year 2007 by the Garden Media Guild. Author Location: London
- Author(s)Matthew Wilson
- PublisherQuadrille Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication01/03/2012
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintQuadrille Publishing Ltd
- Content Note150 colour photographs and artworks
- Weight726 g
- Width197 mm
- Height253 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.24
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.23
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.52
- AU $12.82Trending at AU $13.77
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.00
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.46
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.41
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.