All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $26.75Trending at AU $27.46
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.66
- AU $69.00Trending at AU $71.05
- AU $25.33Trending at AU $28.19
- AU $2.99Trending at AU $5.60
- AU $31.38Trending at AU $33.47
- AU $12.33Trending at AU $19.72
About this product
- DescriptionWhat if there were prisons? Alternative approaches to dealing with crime are underway around the world to explore how victims, offenders, and communities can heal rifts and repair damage. It's often called restorative justice. It's a way to think about the deeper reasons behind crimes, and suggests that by building more caring communities, it's possible to change our societies--and ourselves. Making It Right relates true stories of young people who are working in invative ways to further peaceful resolution of conflict and to heal past wounds. The book begins with individual injustices, such as bullying, and works up to collective ones, like wars. Each chapter begins with a dramatic fictional account, making the topic engaging and relevant for kids. Restorative justice isn't going to change the world overnight, r will it end all crime or prevent all wars. But it's a powerful way to get teens thinking about how they can participate in building a more peaceful society.
- Author BiographyMarilee Peters has her M.A. in English Literature and a Masters in Library Science. She works as a Communications Officer and edits a magazine. She has two children and writes whenever she can. She lives in Vancouver, BC, Canada.
- Author(s)Marilee Peters
- PublisherAnnick Press Ltd
- Date of Publication29/09/2016
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Social Sciences
- Place of PublicationOntario
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintAnnick Press Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight257 g
- Width152 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Interest AgeFrom 14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.