All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThere are many sports-related books about what happens on the playing field, but few are written about the equally interesting stories of what happens on the business side. Why acquire a professional sports team? What goes into the branding, marketing and entertainment that make some teams successful, and others t? What are the challenges that managers and staff face? Are there valuable lessons from the major and mir leagues for university, high school and other amateur sports programs? How do sports teams generate a profit? While the examples are drawn from the business of baseball, the lessons are applicable to other sports and many retail businesses.
- Author BiographyArthur P. Solomon has been a professor at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, a partner on Wall Street, a real estate developer and the owner of two minor league baseball teams which have been awarded the Larry MacPhail and Bob Freitas awards. He lives in Providence, Rhode Island, and Cape Cod, Massachusetts. Allyn I. Freeman is an experienced writer for television and author of numerous books about business, entrepreneurship and sports. He lives in New York City.
- Author(s)Allyn I. Freeman,Arthur P. Solomon
- PublisherMcFarland & Co Inc
- Date of Publication15/10/2012
- SubjectBall Games: Field & Outdoor
- Place of PublicationJefferson, NC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcFarland & Co Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight259 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.07
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $59.39Trending at AU $61.38
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.