All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.95
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
About this product
- DescriptionUnlock hidden writing skills in all learners through UDL! The Common Core State Standards (CCSS) for writing are promising but present a host of challenges in implementation, especially for struggling students. In this valuable resource, Sally A. Spencer demonstrates the potential of Universal Design for Learning (UDL) as a framework for making the CCSS writing and language standards accessible to all kids. Educators who utilize these strategies will kw: * How to leverage the strengths of students to optimize writing instruction and overcome their weaknesses * The ways UDL can minimize the roadblocks in CCSS implementation * How to - and how t to - use techlogy to teach writing and language conventions With dozens of classroom-ready activities, resources for further reading, and reproducibles, this easy-to-use guide will help you make all students proficient writers.
- Author BiographySally Spencer, Ed.D. is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Special Education at California State University, Northridge, where she teaches courses in assessment, special education teaching methods, reading instruction, and collaborative processes. Prior to that, she was a special education teacher for the Los Angeles Unified School District, where she experienced the joys and challenges of collaboration as a teacher of self-contained special education classes, as a resource specialist, and as a co-teacher in a fully-inclusive elementary school. In 2001 she was awarded Outstanding Special Educator of the year by the Southern California branch of the Council for Exceptional Children, and her heart is still in the classroom with the hundreds of students who touched her life and taught her everything she knows about special education. Sally is a presenter nationally on the subject of teaching reading to students with mild to moderate disabilities, and is published in the areas of reading instruction, collaboration and inclusion. She lives in Northridge, CA, with her husband, three dogs and six birds.
- Author(s)Sally A. Spencer
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication18/06/2015
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCorwin Press Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight386 g
- Width177 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.