Brand newLOWEST PRICE
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.80
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.66
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.34
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.85
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.19
About this product
- DescriptionThe image of the Derby winner with his leg in plaster was broadcast around the world. Alongside Mill Reef stood a baby-faced man who had won the Arc, the King George, the Eclipse, and w the Derby. He trained for the Queen and Queen Mother; and Lester Piggott, Willie Carson and Frankie Dettori all rode for him, but where had he come from and how had he got there? Ian Balding's story is one of heartbreaking loss and outrageous good luck. He left Cambridge without a degree but with a rugby blue, and became one of the outstanding amateur sportsmen of his generation. Balding's burgeoning talent was quickly ticed and he was soon running Peter Hastings-Bass' stables at Kingsclere. Ian had money and experience of running a business, but he learnt fast. In Making the Running, Ian Balding reveals the pressure of maintaining the pace and shares the highs and lows of the sport of kings.
- Author BiographyIan Balding was an internationally respected trainer, but in his retirement now serves on many BHB and NTF committees and also writes regularly for Country Illustrated and Horse & Hound. Ian married Emma Hastings-Bass in 1969 and they have two children: Clare, a successful journalist and BBC broadcaster, and Andrew, Ian's successor at Kingsclere.
- Author(s)Ian Balding
- PublisherHeadline Publishing Group
- Date of Publication07/03/2005
- SubjectAutobiography: Sport
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHeadline Book Publishing
- Content Note16pp b/w photos
- Weight232 g
- Width128 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.