All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $17.23Trending at AU $20.89
- AU $21.73Trending at AU $25.59
- AU $23.94Trending at AU $26.86
- AU $11.39Trending at AU $14.06
- AU $19.14Trending at AU $24.11
- AU $18.17Trending at AU $23.57
- AU $11.58Trending at AU $14.74
About this product
- DescriptionThe Spanish name, Mal Pais, literally translates to Bad Country in English. When Josh Sanders retired from the police department in Billings, Montana and purchased land near Mal Pais, Costa Rica in 1987, he planned to begin a second career as a gentleman rancher. He couldn't imagine why a tropical paradise on the Pacific Coast of Costa Rica would rate such a name. By the end of the first rainy season on his new property, after slogging through six months of mud, he began to see why Spanish colonists in the 17th century might have chosen the name. He realized that rain and mud were mir inconveniences when he became embroiled in a perplexing murder investigation and the unsavory remnants of the Nicaraguan civil war. Jennifer Walther, the daughter of the slain gringo George Walther, stumbled into the same mess with intention of settling in Costa Rica. She and Josh were thrown together by circumstances but fell in love.
- Author BiographyL. R. Spencer lives with his wife in southwestern Montana. When he is not fishing, he stays busy writing. Mal Pais is his third novel. In his spare time, he runs a one-man consulting firm.
- Author(s)L R Spencer
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication26/05/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight440 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.