All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.73Trending at AU $74.56
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $43.66
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $28.33
- AU $31.53Trending at AU $38.29
- AU $12.48Trending at AU $16.19
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $25.57
- AU $23.89Trending at AU $26.86
About this product
- DescriptionThe treatment center had a real name but everybody who went there called it Malady Mar. It was the kind of place where medicine, insurance coverage, and addiction meet to argue. For one disgraced lawyer it is a second chance at life. He had barely survived his alcoholism and w has to survive recovery. Malady Mar is the story of how a cynical, atheist, ex-lawyer makes it through the sense and nsense of addiction treatment. Desperate for answers, yet highly skeptical that they can be found where he is, he slogs his way through the program, the counselors and the psychobabble. His oasis in the recovery desert is other addicts; people just a screwed up as he is. The story is both his own and the story of every person who has found him or herself facing the ceiling at night from the lumpy mattress of residential drug and alcohol treatment. If you are going there, or have been there, or simply want an evening of fun learning what it is like, Malady Mar is for you.
- Author BiographyThe author is an attorney in Fairview, Oregon.
- Author(s)Orrin Onken
- PublisherSalish Ponds Press LLC
- Date of Publication04/01/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSalish Ponds Press LLC
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight236 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.