All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionIn the forceful, staggering poetry of Cesar Vallejo, poet and photographer Gerard Malanga discovered a kindred spirit. Driven by a deep sense of spiritual kinship and with the encouragement of Vallejo's widow, Malanga's translations reveal a profound perspective on Vallejo's work that brings into focus the brutal desperation behind his genius. Malanga Chasing Vallejo gathers 82 of Vallejo's poems in a bilingual edition that is marked by the spiritual connection between poet and translator. A work of the heart, these poems are presented from the position of a fellow member of the underclass, providing a street-level entry point for readers who can relate to the hunger feeding every verse and the ache of loneliness that amount of modern techlogy can obscure. In addition to the poems, Malanga's heartfelt introduction describes the process of his 45-year commitment to this project. The book also includes a poem about Vallejo by Malanga, rare photos of Vallejo, and transcriptions of several never-before-published letters to Malanga from Vallejo's widow, Georgette de Vallejo, which guided his translation efforts.
- Author BiographyCesar Vallejo (1892--1938) was a Peruvian poet, writer, playwright, and journalist. Although he published only three books of poetry during his lifetime, he is considered one of the great poetic innovators of the 20th century in any language. Gerard Malanga is an acclaimed as a poet, photographer, and filmmaker. Born in the Bronx in 1943, he is the author of a dozen poetry collections, the most recent being No Respect: New & Selected Poems, the four-volume fanzine set: AM: Archives Malanga, and Tomboy & Other Tales. His photography books include Resistance to Memory and Screen Tests Portraits Nudes. He was a founding editor of Interview magazine, alongside Andy Warhol. Malanga lives in upstate New York.
- Author(s)Cesar Vallejo
- PublisherThree Rooms Press
- Date of Publication27/11/2014
- LanguageEnglish & Spanish
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThree Rooms Press
- Weight385 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementBilingual edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.