All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $5.99Trending at AU $8.24
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.83
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.29
- AU $67.69Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.12
About this product
- DescriptionMalawi's First Republic combines archival materials, government publications, newspapers and personal accounts to illustrate the problems of ecomic development and party politics in post colonial Africa. Malawi's ecomic development stands in stark contrast to its political reality. This book reviews the development of a one party system, the hero cult, implements of dissent, foreign and domestic policies, and the end of the First Republic.
- Author BiographyHarvey J. Sindima is Professor of Philosophy and Religion at Colgate University. He is the author of several books including, Religious and Political Ethics in Africa: A Moral Inquiry (Greenwood, 1998) and Africa's Agenda: The Legacy of Liberalism and Colonialism in the Crisis of African Values (Greenwood, 1995).
- Author(s)Harvey J. Sindima
- PublisherUniversity Press of America
- Date of Publication01/08/2002
- SubjectHistory: World & General
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity Press of America
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight417 g
- Width155 mm
- Height225 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.