All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionMalayala is the language spoken predominantly in the beautiful state of Kerala, an increasingly popular tourist destination on the tropical Malabar coast of south-western India. Malayalam is spoken by around 36 million people. Its native speakers are called Malayalis . The language is also spoken in the union territories of Lakshadweep and Pondicherry, and by populations all over the world. Malayalam has a rich literary tradition and its speakers are among India's foremost intellectuals. Belonging to the family of Dravidian languages and closely related to Tamil, the language spoken in the neighbouring state Tamil Nadu, Malayalam developed a script of its own. It is also, interestingly, the longest palindromic language name in English. This essential resource provides an extensive two-way dictionary, comprehensive phrasebook, and basic grammar. To aid the English speaker, all Malayalam entries are presented in the Roman alphabet. The native script is also introduced, however, along with a detailed pronunciation guide. Guidance is offered to travellers for various everyday life situations, as well as useful common vocabulary items and an introduction to the arts and culture of Kerala.
- Author(s)Valsala Menon
- PublisherHippocrene Books Inc.,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/06/2007
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHippocrene Books Inc.,U.S.
- Weight156 g
- Width180 mm
- Height95 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.