All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCulture Smart! Malaysia explains how to avoid cultural gaffes when out and about in the country. Giving the historical, political and cultural background, the guide reveals how to read body language and be aware of potential pitfalls in communication, and at the same time provide the cultural essentials business travellers need to successfully develop working relations in Malaysia. Culture Smart! Malaysia enables the reader to get the most out of a trip, whether on business, or pleasure. Culture Smart! provides rare insights, and practical guidance, into cultures. The values, behaviour and customs of peoples have been formed over centuries which is why the unique information in Culture Smart! guides do t date in the same way as ordinary travel guides. Culture Smart! enables you to step into a world untouched by other guidebooks.
- Author Biography<b>Victor King</b> is Professor of South-East Asian Studies at the University of Leeds and Executive Director of the White Rose East Asia Center, a joint research training venture in Chinese and Japanese Studies between the East Asian Studies departments at Leeds and Sheffield. He spent most of his career in the University of Hull, where he was Director of the Center for South-East Asian Studies, Dean of Social and Political Sciences, Director of the Graduate School, and Pro-Vice-Chancellor. He has undertaken anthropological and sociological research on Indonesia, Malaysia, and Brunei, and supervised research projects on these and other countries. A frequent visitor to Malaysia and the wider region, he has written extensively on its societies and cultures. He has recently coauthored an anthropological study of Southeast Asia, written an introduction to the sociology of change in the region, and coedited a book on tourism in Southeast Asia.
- Author(s)Victor T. King
- Date of Publication24/01/2008
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Series TitleCulture Smart!
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Notecolour line drawings, maps
- Weight249 g
- Width112 mm
- Height169 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.31Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $31.02
- AU $70.13Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.43Trending at AU $76.94
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.