All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn excellent book, the most objective short account I kw of all the various approaches to depression. (Anthony Storr). Several years ago, Lewis Wolpert had a severe episode of depression. Despite a happy marriage and successful scientific career, he could think only of suicide. When he did recover, he became aware of the stigma attached to depression - and just how difficult it was to get reliable information. With characteristic candour and determination he set about writing this book, an acclaimed investigation into the causes and treatments of depression, which formed the basis for a BBC TV series. This paperback edition features a new introduction, in which Wolpert discusses the reaction to his book and BBC series, and recounts his own recurring struggle with depression.
- Author BiographyLewis Wolpert is a distinguished developmental biologist, and is Emeritus Professor in Cell and Developmental Biology at University College, London. He is the author of, among others, The Unnatural Nature of Science andMalignant Sadness, which was described by Anthony Storr as 'the most objective short account of all the various approaches to depression'. His most recent book, You're Looking Very Well: The Surprising Nature of Getting Old, was published in 2011.
- Author(s)Lewis Wolpert
- PublisherFaber & Faber
- Date of Publication06/04/2006
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFaber & Faber
- Weight185 g
- Width125 mm
- Height200 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementMain
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.26
- AU $28.71Trending at AU $30.90
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $34.29Trending at AU $38.77
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.