All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.74Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionCultural Writing. This volume contains never-before-translated prose selections by the father of the Symbolist movement, one of the most influential cultural figures of 19th-century France. Mallarme's letters to leading French intellectuals and artists of the time appear with his pieces on language and aesthetics, as he considers the state of contemporary French literature.
- Author BiographyMary Ann Caws is a Distinguished Professor of French, English, and Comparative Literature at the Graduate School of the City Univeristy of New York. The former co-director of the Henri Peyre French Institute and an officer of the Plames Academique, Caws has lectured all over the world and is the author or editor of more than twenty books. Richard Sieburth has edited Ezra Pound's Poems & Translations, New Selected Poems and Translations, The Pisan Cantos and A Walking Tour in Southern France.
- Author(s)Jill Anderson,Mary Ann Caws,Stephane Mallarme
- PublisherNew Directions Publishing Corporation
- Date of Publication19/03/2001
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNew Directions Publishing Corporation
- Weight170 g
- Width132 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edited byMary Ann Caws,Stephane Mallarme
- Translated byMalcolm Bowie,Jill Anderson,Rosemary Lloyd,Richard Sieburth,Patricia Terry
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.