All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMammals of Mexico is the first reference book in English on the more than 500 types of mammal species found in the diverse Mexican habitats, which range from the Soran Desert to the Chiapas cloud forests. The authoritative species accounts are written by a Who's Who of experts compiled by famed mammalogist and conservationist Gerardo Ceballos. Ten years in the making, Mammals of Mexico covers everything from obscure rodents to whales, bats, primates, and wolves. It is thoroughly illustrated with color photographs and meticulous artistic renderings, as well as range maps for each species. Introductory chapters discuss biogeography, conservation, and evolution. The final section of the book illustrates the skulls, jaws, and tracks of Mexico's mammals. This unparalleled collection of scientific information on, and photographs of, Mexican wildlife belongs on the shelf of every mammalogist, in public and academic libraries, and in the hands of anyone curious about Mexico and its wildlife.
- Author BiographyGerardo Ceballos, one of the world's leading ecologists, is a professor at the Institute of Ecology at National Autonomous University of Mexico (UNAM). He has authored twenty-eight books.
- PublisherJohns Hopkins University Press
- Date of Publication21/11/2014
- SubjectLife Sciences: Zoology
- Place of PublicationBaltimore, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohns Hopkins University Press
- Content Note1112, 574 colour illustrations, 538 maps
- Weight3155 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine51 mm
- Edited byGerardo Ceballos
- Interest AgeFrom 17
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.06
- AU $20.17Trending at AU $23.77
- AU $30.78Trending at AU $34.76
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.89
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.12
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.23
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $36.36
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.