All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.53
- AU $89.64Trending at AU $103.78
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.72
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.68
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.47
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $14.17
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $18.37
About this product
- DescriptionMan of Letters is the third and final volume in the Dog Rock trilogy, completing David Foster's comic vision of a small rural town in New South Wales as over fifty years it gradually succumbs to ecomic imperatives, as witnessed from the perspective of the postman D'Arcy D'Oliveres. In his final appearance, the intrepid D'Arcy has a mystery to solve that involves a local musician, a stamp of the realm, a dodgy personalised numberplate and a retired sergeant of police w turned student of semiotics. Man of Letters is a very funny book from the writer the Manchester Guardian described as the worthy successor to Flann O'Brien. David Foster is one of Australia's best kwn and most respected velists. In addition to writing twelve other vels, including the Miles Franklin Award winning The Glade Within the Grove (1997), he has worked intermittently for Australia Post over the past forty years, as a postman, relief postman and mail contractor in both the ACT and rural NSW.
- Author(s)David Foster
- PublisherPuncher and Wattmann
- Date of Publication01/09/2012
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleDog Rock
- Series Part/Volume Number3
- Place of PublicationGlebe, NSW
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintPuncher and Wattmann
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.