Management Control and Organizational Behaviour by Phil Johnson, John Gill (Paperback, 1993)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $72.98Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $6.99+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by book_fountain
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionManagement Control and Organizational Behaviour provides an introduction to the understanding of human behaviour in work and organizations, by considering the key issue of management control. Management control is used as a vehicle for considering the interaction of formally designed administrative control systems with the phemena of social and self-controls. The all-pervasive organizational issues of structure, culture and power are central themes of this book. Within these central themes, the coverage is wide-ranging over key aspects of organizational behaviour, such as motivation and leadership. The book concludes by considering trends in the development of new types of management control in organizations.
- Author BiographyIn recent years Phil has participated in the generation and management of over GBP420, 000 of research funding, over GBP330,000 of which was provided by EPSRC and ESRC. Involved in much of this research have been local public and private sector organizations as sponsors of research and as research sites for both data collection and for change-management interventions. This research has concerned a range of issues including: management control; corporate governance; contractor-client relations; evolving management roles. Recently Phil has engaged in ESRC sponsored research into Benchmarking Good Practice in Qualitative Management Research which is part of the ESRC Research Methodology Programme. Currently Phil is a referee for a number of academic journals and reviews book proposals for several major academic publishers. He has also been a guest editor for the journal Management Decision and has recently been appointed as Associate Editor for a new international journal, Qualitative Research in Organizations and Management. Phil's education includes: BA (Hons) Sociology (Sheffield); MSc Organization Development (CNAA); MSc Advance Educational and Social Research Methods (Open University); PhD Management and Organization (CNAA). John Gill, before his retirement, was Reader in Management in Sheffield Business School.
- Author(s)John Gill,Phil Johnson
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication28/04/1993
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPaul Chapman Publishing Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight294 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $72.68
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $98.73
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.33
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.03
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $48.46
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.03
- AU $25.01Trending at AU $27.16
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.