All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.74Trending at AU $16.20
- AU $35.30Trending at AU $37.95
- AU $14.06Trending at AU $20.88
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.29
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.85
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.26
About this product
- DescriptionManagement Essentials is a simplified and synthesized version of core management principles to help readers appreciate the fundamentals of managing enterprises successfully in a competitive environment. It addresses the current dilemma in the field of management, where a strong perception exists that management theory and actual practice are increasingly disconnected from each other. The book delves into the tion of 'value' creation cycle in an enterprise in relation to the competition and the importance to stay ahead on this curve vis-a-vis the competition. It discusses the interrelated concepts of analysis and decision making, and then goes further to connect the popular tion of branding to good business acumen. By drawing upon the author's extensive experience in academia and industry, the book uniquely intertwines theory with practice to join the dots across disparate business management concepts.
- Author BiographyArindam Banerjee joined the faculty at IIM Ahmedabad after working in the industry for over seven years. After securing his PhD in Marketing Sciences, Professor Banerjee was associated with various consulting/market research firms in the United States. During his tenure in industry, he worked on business analytics problems in the Retail Financial Services, FMCG/Retail and the Consumer Durable sectors. He has consulted with GE Capital, Sears Roebuck, Bank One, Miller Brewing Company, Kraft Foods and Chase Manhattan Bank, among others. In the past 14 years at IIM Ahmedabad, he has worked on consulting and training assignments with a number of Indian and multinational companies based in India such as Hindustan Unilever Limited, the TATA Group, TVS Group, Infosys Technologies, Genpact, Household Finance Corporation (HSBC North America), Monsanto India, PepsiCo India, Ericsson (India) Pvt. Ltd., and the Coffee Board (Government of India). He has helped in developing marketing and business strategy for Indian companies coping up with the recent liberalized and competitive environment. He has also worked on building specific systems and internal processes to reinforce fact-based business decision-making in many organizations.These engagements have typically included a mix of process design, implementation, and training of internal personnel in managing them. In 2006-2007, he worked full-time for HSBC Global Services in Bangalore (on leave from IIMA) to build and lead an offshore analytics team to support the bank's business in the United States. He has also published extensively in national and international academic journals in management such as the Journal of Segmentation in Marketing, International Journal of Retail and Distribution Management, International Journal of Management and Decision Making, Asia-Pacific Journal of Marketing and Logistics, Strategic Outsourcing, Vikalpa and the Decision. Besides, he has written five cases in the area of fact-based decision- making and strategy. A few of his articles on effective business practices have appeared in trade publications such as the Indian Management and Hindustan Times. Prior to joining the IIM, he was a senior consultant at Mitchell Madison Group, a global management consultancy firm, based at their Chicago office. Previously, he has headed the marketing analytics team at ACNielsen Corporation in Chicago, providing consulting services to some of the Philip Morris Group of Companies. He is a Professor of Marketing and Quantitative Methods at IIM Ahmedabad.
- Author(s)Arindam Banerjee
- PublisherSAGE Publications India Pvt Ltd
- Date of Publication12/08/2013
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationNew Delhi
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintSAGE Publications India Pvt Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.