All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.37
- AU $27.80Trending at AU $30.75
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $26.80
- AU $29.32Trending at AU $31.85
- AU $71.16Trending at AU $79.91
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.68
- AU $26.39Trending at AU $26.97
About this product
- DescriptionEthics has become big business but have businesses become ethical? This is a central question for today's managers. Managing ethics is critical in an era characterized by unprecedented corporate power and a myriad of competing ethical traditions. Giving new insights into the understanding of ethics for today's organization practice and managerial behaviour, this timely volume, edited by well-respected industry authorities, provides an overview and critique of ethics as they relate to contemporary challenges and issues (such as globalization, sustainability, consumerism, neo-liberalism, corporate collapses, leadership and corporate regulation). This book, an essential read for postgraduate students of business and ethics, is organized around the core question: What are the ethics of organizing in today's institutional environment and what does this mean for the practice of management and the organization of business? In response to this, the contributors examine ethics as it is deeply embedded in the everyday practice of management. Interdisciplinary contributions from the fields of sociology, philosophy, management, organization studies and public administration provide unique perspectives, while case studies and real-life examples illustrate the challenges and dilemmas faced in practice. Each chapter has a brief overview and editor's introduction which skilfully summarizes key points and draws connections between the chapters.
- Author BiographyStewart R. Clegg is Professor of Management at the University of Technology Sydney. Carl Rhodes is Associate Professor of Management at the University of Technology Sydney.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication30/06/2006
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note1 black & white illustrations, 1 black & white tables, 1 black & white line drawings
- Weight340 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byCarl Rhodes,Stewart R. Clegg
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.