Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $207.74+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $75.00+ postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by mobaraaless0
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $50.00+ postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by cowsgomoo33
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $94.99Trending at AU $106.80
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.51
- AU $104.90Trending at AU $118.13
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.21
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $106.06
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.61
About this product
- DescriptionThe second edition of this text has been thoroughly updated, continuing its strong emphasis on the importance of the Asian region to contemporary Australian and New Zealand organisations. Many Asian case examples are featured to illustrate key management concepts, and these provide a useful basis for comparison with management practices in Australia and New Zealand. Numerous practical examples throughout the text highlight contemporary management issues, such as: * workplace diversity * sustainability * ethics/corporate social responsibility * the impact of techlogy * invation in the workplace * globalisation * employee engagement * flexible working arrangements * work-life balance * generational issues in the workplace * skills shortages in various industries * the importance of effective employee recruitment and training * organisational culture * workforce flexibility and casualisation * the 24/7 nature of contemporary communication techlogy, including social media * outsourcing Management, Foundation and Applications, 2nd Asia-Pacific edition, has also retained the features that made its previous edition so popular with students and lecturers, including the Career Readiness Workbook activities at the end of the book, and the accompanying Interactive Study Guide with its vast array of multimedia resources.
- Author BiographyJohn R. Schermerhorn Jr is the Charles G. O Bleness professor of management emeritus in the College of Business at Ohio University. John earned a PhD in organisational behaviour from Northwestern University, an MBA (with distinction) in management and international business from New York University, and a BS in business administration from the State University of New York at Buffalo. He previously taught at Tulane University, the University of Vermont, and Southern Illinois University at Carbondale, where he also served as head of the Department of Management and associate dean of the College of Business Administration. Management educators and students alike know John as the author of several leading international textbooks, including Exploring Management and Management 12th edition, and as a senior co-author of Organizational Behavior 12th edition and Core Concepts of Organizational Behavior. John has also published numerous articles in leading management journals and is a member of the Academy of Management. Paul Davidson is associate professor of management in the Queensland University of Technology Business School. He has 35 years university teaching experience and more than 100 academic publications, including nine books, to his credit. He has studied and taught at the University of Queensland, the University of Birmingham, the University of Geneva, the University of Otago, Stanford University and Southern Cross University. He has degrees in science (psychology), theology and business administration. In addition, Paul has also consulted and taught nationally and internationally to many public and private sector organisations, including the Sheraton Hotel Group in Australia and Asia, Royal Dutch Shell in the Netherlands and the United States, and extensively to the Royal Australian Navy in Sydney. He has been a visiting professor in management at Reims Management School and Grenoble Graduate School of Business in France, Jyvaskyla Polytechnic in Finland, Euromed Business School at Marseille in France, and at the University of Texas at Austin in the United States. His doctoral research was in the area of management education and development, and his current research interests are in the development of HR management competencies and international human resource management, and in project management. Prior to his academic career, Paul was an officer in the Royal Australian Air Force and a clinical psychologist. Between academic appointments, he has been chief executive officer of a company with some 650 employees. He was a state councillor (1994 2007) and president (2000 05) of the Australian Human Resources Institute in Queensland, and chairman of its National Accreditation Committee (2004 10), as well as being a fellow of the Australian Human Resources Institute. He is also a fellow of the Australian Institute of Company Directors. David Poole is the owner and CEO of two organisations, Dragon College of Business and Sports Online (an online retailer of sports memorabilia). Prior to moving into business, he was a lecturer in the Department of Business at Macquarie University. He has also served as chief executive officer of an industry association and worked as a senior lecturer in management at the University of Western Sydney from 1996 to 2004. He has also worked as an adjunct lecturer at business schools in Australia, China and the United States, and has taught in Vietnam and Hong Kong. David has a BBus, MBA, MEdAdmin and PhD. His research interests include public sector management, university management, organisational behaviour and business strategy. David s research has been published in journals including Management Today, Leading and Managing, Higher Education and the International Journal of Public Sector Management. He has co-authored several popular management texts, and has worked on this textbook since the first edition. Peter Woods is a senior lecturer in the Department of International Bu
- Author(s)Alan Simon,David Poole,Ellen McBarron,John R. Schermerhorn,Paul Davidson,Peter Woods
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Australia Ltd
- Date of Publication19/07/2013
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationMilton, QLD
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Australia Ltd
- Weight1312 g
- Width216 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Asia Pacific ed
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.