All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionManagement and Practice in Health and Human Services Organisations helps students, leaders and practitioners build a comprehensive foundation of the kwledge, skills and attributes required for effective service delivery and organisational success. This book addresses key policy, planning and process issues, and explores invative strategies for good management and leadership in health and human service organisations. With the perfect blend of theory and practice, Management and Practice in Health and Human Services Organisations is an authoritative and accessible resource for both aspiring and current managers in a complex and dynamic environment. Key featuresAn interprofessional focus and evidence-based approach reflects current thinking in the fieldPractitioner profiles throughout illustrate the nature of work, skills and challenges faced in the day-to-day roles of organisational leaders across the health and human services' sectors Rich with pedagogy including case and practice examples, reflection exercises, practice activities and additional resources to accompany each chapter.
- Author BiographyLynda Berends is a health services researcher who specialises in the study of alcohol and other drug service delivery and system design, across acute and primary health sectors. Lynda is a senior researcher at the National Drug and Alcohol Research Centre, University of New South Wales and she has an extensive history with Turning Point Alcohol and Drug Centre. Lynda is the inaugural chair of the Health and Human Services Working Group, for the Alcohol and other Drugs Council of Australia, and she is on the council of the Australasian Professional Society on Alcohol and other Drugs. Karen Crinall is a senior lecturer in Community Welfare, Counselling and Human Services Management, and is Research Director in the School of Applied Media and Social Sciences, Federation University of Australia.
- Author(s)Karen Crinall,Lynda Berends
- PublisherOxford University Press Australia
- Date of Publication22/05/2014
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationMelbourne
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintOUP Australia and New Zealand
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight582 g
- Width192 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $92.76
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.73
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.60
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $51.92
- AU $78.77Trending at AU $115.92
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.