All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.16
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.97
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.95
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.45
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.82
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.12
About this product
- DescriptionThis richly illustrated book draws on recently acquired kwledge to provide the reader with comprehensive, up-to-date information on the full range of obstetric complications that may be encountered during the first and second trimesters of pregnancy. For all complications, including those potentially involved in malpractice issues, risk factors and clinical presentation are described and detailed guidance is provided on the appropriate treatment. The lucid text is complemented by a wealth of images, diagrams, flow charts, and drawings. The volume has been compiled in collaboration with a large group of gynecologists, obstetricians and internationally rewned scientists to provide an essential guide. Accordingly, this book will be a valuable tool for every obstetrician and gynecologist. Practitioners across the world will be enabled to deepen their kwledge and to refine their approach to complications in daily clinical practice.
- Author BiographyAntonio Malvasi graduated in Medicine in 1983 with first-class honors from the University of Bari, Italy, where he subsequently completed his specialization in Obstetrics and Gynaecology with honors. In 1991, he also completed specialization in Biochemical and Biophysical Monitoring of the Fetus at the University of Bari. Since 2002 he has been Senior Assistant in the Gynecology and Obstetrics Department of Santa Maria Hospital, Bari. Dr. Malvasi is a NESA diplomat and partner. He is Adjunct Professor in the International Translational Medicine and Biomodelling Research Group, Department of Applied Mathematics, Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology, Russia and Visiting Professor at the Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, University of Perugia, Italy. From 2005 to 2008 he was Director of the Medical Drawing School at the Sapienza University of Rome. He is the author of six textbooks, more than 140 papers in high-ranked journals, and 30 book chapters. Andrea Tinelli gained his medical degree magna cum laude in 1996 from the School of Medicine, University of Naples Federico II, Italy, and completed his specialization in Obstetrics and Gynecology cum laude in 2000 at the University of Trieste, Italy. He currently works in the university-affiliated Vito Fazzi Hospital, Lecce, Italy, as Chief of the Division of Experimental Research in Endoscopic Surgery, Imaging, Minimally Invasive Technology, and Therapy (ObGyn Department). From January 2014, he has held National Authorization as an Associate Professor in Obstetrics and Gynecology, and he is Adjunct Professor at the Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology (MIPT), Russia, as a member of the International Translational Medicine & Biomodeling Research Team. Dr. Tinelli is also a permanent Board Member of the Committee on Experimental Oncological and Pathological Medical Research at the University of Salento, Italy. He is the author or co-author of five books, more than 350 papers in peer-reviewed medical journals, and 30 textbook chapters. He is an active member of national and international scientific and professional associations and is an editorial board member of various scientific journals. Gian Carlo Di Renzo has been Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology and Director of the Perinatal and Reproductive Center at the University of Perugia, Italy, since 1992. His posts there include Chairman of the Section of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Dean of the Faculty of Obstetrics and Midwifery, and Chairman of the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology. Dr. Di Renzo has been principal investigator on a number of research projects for the National Research Council and the Italian Ministries of University and Health and for the European Union. He has served as President of the European Association of Perinatal Medicine, General Secretary of the Italian Society of Perinatal Medicine, and President of the Italian Society of Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology. Since 2009 he has been Vice-President of the World Association of Perinatal Medicine. In 2011 he became an Honorary Fellow (ad eundem) of the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists and in 2012 was made Honorary Secretary of the International Federation of Gynecology and Obstetrics (FIGO) in London. Dr. Di Renzo has been the recipient of several national and international awards. He has published more than 1100 papers, including more than 300 in refereed international journals, as well as 70 books.
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication15/09/2016
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note139 black & white illustrations, 316 colour illustrations, 150 colour tables, biography
- Weight1238 g
- Width210 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Edited byAndrea Tinelli,Antonio Malvasi
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.