Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.31Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $31.02
- AU $70.08Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.33Trending at AU $76.94
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $27.17Trending at AU $37.56
About this product
- DescriptionSchell combines her research with findings from other studies to map the strategies, personality predispositions, and mood-coping capabilities for making it to the top of the corporate ladder-and for staying there. Nearly 400 of today's corporate leaders reveal their secrets for success and the stress and personality and mood disorders that go along with it. The result is an authoritative insight into the people who made it in today's corporate world, and a bold reconfirmation that life at the top is t always worth coveting. Schell's book is written for present-day corporate leaders and for those seeking to become leaders and is designed to help understand the special traits one needs to become successful. Schell reports in detail on corporate leaders' stress-coping strategies, influence strategies, personality dispositions, the ways they cope with their mood swings, and how they see themselves performing their own compensation negotiations. Managers and management aspirants, specialists in organizational psychology, and human resource executives will find Schell's book both enlightening and cautionary.
- Author BiographyBERNADETTE H. SCHELL is a professor in the School of Commerce and Administration, Laurentian University, Ontario, Canada. She is president of her own human resource management consulting firm, is an active stress-management consultant, and has served as a consulting editor for journals in her field. Among her many articles and other publications is A Self-Diagnostic Approach to Understanding Organizational and Personal Stressors: The C-O-P-E Model for Stress Reduction (Quorum, l997).
- Author(s)Bernadette H. Schell
- Date of Publication30/06/1999
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Place of PublicationSanta Barbara, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintQuorum Books,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight548 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.