All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.07
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $35.05
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is a rich source of practical guidance on the management of relatively young patients with osteoarthritis of the knee that will assist physicians and allied health professionals in enabling patients to remain active and sustain their quality of life. It provides up-to-date kwledge on the available treatment options, describes the evidence base for each option, and identifies the appropriate timing and indications. The book opens by considering the basic science behind osteoarthritis, which is critical to management. The many nsurgical treatment modalities are then discussed, with particular focus on the importance of a multidisciplinary approach. Subsequent chapters address the role of surgical management, covering both techniques that attempt to preserve and possibly restore the native knee joint, such as meniscal and chondral surgery, arthroscopic debridement, and osteotomy for realignment of the joint, and those that involve joint replacement. The arthroplasty component of the text encompasses all areas of prosthetic resurfacing, including localized resurfacing, unicompartmental replacement, and total knee replacement. The book has been produced in cooperation with ISAKOS and the authors constitute an international faculty who provide a truly global perspective on the subject.
- Author BiographyDavid Anthony Parker, B MedSc, MBBS, FRACS, FAOrthoA, is a nationally and internationally recognized specialist in disorders and surgery of the knee joint who is currently an Orthopaedic Surgeon at the Royal North Shore Hospital in Sydney, Australia, Director of the Sydney Orthopaedic Research Institute, Clinical Senior Lecturer in Surgery at the University of Sydney, and Adjunct Professor at Queensland University of Technology. He has a particular interest in sports injuries, ligament reconstruction, realignment surgery and cartilage pathology, and knee replacement surgery. Dr. Parker was co-founder of the Sydney Orthopaedic Research Institute in 2002 and has built up an extensive research portfolio with major strengths in knee surgery. He has a strong publication record and is a regular invited speaker at national and international orthopaedic conferences and symposia. He is currently involved in a range of projects concerned with improving the understanding of knee pathology, assessing and improving the outcomes of knee surgery, and studying the development and evaluation of new surgical procedures and technologies. Dr. Parker is actively involved in a number of international orthopaedic and sports medicine organizations, including as Chair of the Knee Committee and Member of the Board for ISAKOS (International Society for Arthroscopy, Knee Surgery, and Orthopaedic Sports Medicine) and as Vice President of APKASS (Asia Pacific Knee & Arthroscopic Surgery Society).
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication06/01/2016
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Note39 black & white illustrations, 19 colour illustrations, 31 black & white tables, biography
- Weight533 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edited byDavid A. Parker
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.