All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $43.23
- AU $14.48Trending at AU $22.53
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $16.11
- AU $43.27Trending at AU $48.72
- AU $30.57Trending at AU $33.61
- AU $11.00Trending at AU $14.44
- AU $21.96Trending at AU $24.99
About this product
- DescriptionEffective management is crucial to the success of network organizations and can reduce the risk inherently associated with cooperative strategy. This contributed volume addresses the management of network organizations from both theoretical and practical perspectives, as well as an international standpoint in the form of selected cases from various Central European countries. The authors claim that without some type of network management, irrespective of the type of network, it is impossible to effectively compete with other companies and/or networks. As network organizations are representative of a broad range of possible network types, i.e. alliance networks, clusters, outsourcing, and virtual organizations, this book presents various perspectives on the management of network organizations. The book features articles from different scholars who have practical experience in network organizations, written in simple and easy-to-follow language, with a wide application of practical cases. Given its successful combination of theory and practice, together with the nature of the texts presented, the book offers a valuable resource for a broad readership, including scholars, managers and management science students.
- Author BiographyAssoc. professor Wlodzimierz Sroka specializes in theoretical and practical issues relating to the management and strategic management. He is the author of several scientific articles about strategic alliances, mergers and acquisitions, strategy, restructuring and alliance networks published both in Polish and international journals. His research activities mainly include cooperative strategies, and mergers and acquisitions. He holds his Ph.D., M.Sc. and B.Sc. degrees in Management and Marketing from the Karol Adamiecki University of Economics in Katowice, as well as D.Sc degree (habilitation) from the University of Zilina (Slovakia). Currently he is an Associate Professor at the Academy of Business in Dabrowa Gornicza (Poland). He was previously employed in different managerial positions in both the steel and machine industries. Professor Stefan Hittmar is a lecturer, author, researcher and consultant, specializing in both management systems and information in decision making. He started his career in transport management as a researcher at the Research Institute of Transport, where he participated in the development of organizational, information and managerial processes in both transport systems and socio-economical systems. Subsequently he has been a member and/or the head of numerous scientific and practical projects, studies and research tasks. Currently he is the director of the Management Institute at the University of Zilina (Slovakia) and his work involves participation in the preparation and development of management theory, and its application for both industry and educational process. His research interests include decision-making processes and modelling of managerial activities. His teaching activities include problems in basic management and strategic management, projecting of management systems, and the methodology of the teaching process. He has an extensive list of publications including textbooks and monographs on management.
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication06/06/2015
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note51 black & white illustrations, 11 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight578 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byStefan Hittmar,Wlodzimierz Sroka
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.