About this product
- DescriptionThis book pursues a multidisciplinary approach, presenting chapters with updated information on various aspects of treatment for patients with neuroendocrine tumors. Authors have been selected from expert centers in Europe and the United States. The goal of this book is to comprehensively summarize recent data and provide inspiring ideas to optimize the care of patients with neuroendocrine tumors. Neuroendocrine tumors are fascinating multifaceted diseases that can primarily localize in many organs with various presentations. These tumors are rare but their increasing incidence renders likely that physicians caring for cancers may have either already faced or may be certainly exposed to diagse and/or treat a patient with neuroendocrine tumors. Over the last years, vel therapeutic options have emerged for neuroendocrine tumors, profoundly challenging practices that had previously been the standards for decades. These include - but are t limited to - somatostatin analogues, targeted therapies such as tyrosine kinase and mTOR inhibitors, antiangiogenic compounds, but also peptide-receptor targeted therapy or radioembolization. This changing field has generated vel treatment algorithms to guide medical decisions. To better understand and handle the multidisciplinary approaches that are required for optimizing the care of neuroendocrine tumor patients, physicians are w looking for references from experts and comprehensive reviews summarizing current kwledge on treatments for patients with neuroendocrine tumors.
- Author BiographyCo-editors: Prof. Eric Raymond is Head of Department of Medical Oncology at Bichat - Beaujon University Hospitals (Clichy - Paris, France). He is member of the ENETS' Executive Committee (European neuroendocrine tumors society) and active editorial board member of Targeted Oncology journal. Prof. Sandrine Faivre is deputy head Department of Medical Oncology at Bichat - Beaujon University Hospitals ((Clichy - Paris, France). She is editorial board member of Targeted Oncology journal. Prof. Philippe Ruszniewski is Head of Department of Gastroenterology and pancreatology at Beaujon University Hospitals (Clichy - Paris, France). He is vice-Chairman of the ENETS' Executive Committee.
- PublisherSpringer Editions
- Date of Publication07/10/2016
- SubjectSurgery: Professional
- Place of PublicationParis
- Country of PublicationFrance
- ImprintSpringer Editions
- Content Note6 black & white illustrations, 24 colour illustrations, 22 black & white tables, 2 colour tables, biography
- Weight385 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byEric Raymond,Philippe Ruszniewski,Sandrine Faivre
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 2014
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.80Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.93
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.