All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.52
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.39
- AU $16.66Trending at AU $30.84
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.81
- AU $32.98Trending at AU $39.85
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.14
About this product
- DescriptionAlthough procedures for pricing 'retail' distribution have been established for a long time, methods for pricing bulk or 'wholesale' water supplies are still evolving. How to finance the infrastructure and service of bulk water supply, and how to use pricing to achieve efficient allocation and use of water as a resource are the central issues that emerge from discussions about bulk water pricing. Efficiency will lead to allocating water resources better, reducing water losses caused by poor maintenance of the supply systems, and increased monitoring of water quality. At first glance, Brazil may t appear to be a relevant country from which to draw lessons in distributing scarce water resources, since it contains 12 percent of the world's fresh water supply. However, with its vast territory and issues of regional drought and population explosion, Brazil provides a unique environment in which to demonstrate how adequate pricing of bulk water on a regional level can help allocate water efficiently. This paper offers a framework for bulk water pricing reform and examines the lessons from recent analytical work and practice in Brazil, as well as relevant international experience. It then offers recommendations for the development of both water pricing and allocation policies to facilitate continued implementation of bulk water pricing in Brazil.
- Author(s)World Bank
- PublisherWorld Bank Publications
- Date of Publication31/08/1999
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Series TitleWorld Bank Technical Paper
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 432.
- Place of PublicationWashington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWorld Bank Publications
- Out-of-print date25/02/2014
- Weight272 g
- Width210 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Volume editorMusa Asad
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.