All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.39Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $74.58Trending at AU $75.65
- AU $22.13Trending at AU $22.74
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.58
- AU $31.31Trending at AU $37.07
- AU $17.66Trending at AU $22.78
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.34
About this product
- DescriptionThe modern manager faces a bewildering range of challenges every single day. Their ability to make critical decisions, often under pressure, can directly determine the future success of the company and their career. It is therefore surprising that so few managers take the time to learn the art of decision making. In this groundbreaking book from Caroline Wang, readers will learn that quality decision making is a competence that can be acquired according to a simple framework. The framework is practical and easy-to-remember, consisting of two acronyms: GPA and IPO. <p>GPA for decision content quality (Goal, Priority, Alternatives); and IPO for decision process quality (Information, People, Objective reasoning). The book places emphasis on leading a team to make decisions, even though the framework can be used for personal and individual decisions. <p>By using this common decision-making framework, managers and leaders will gain credibility and team support for the decision, will confidently articulate, promote, and defend the decision, and will have made the necessary preparations for successful implementation when the decision-making process is complete. <p>This proven framework from one of Asia's most dynamic leadership experts will improve the quality of your decisions and change the way you do business.
- Author BiographyCaroline Wang is Professor of Business Practice at Hong Kong University of Science and Technology Business School. She has taught MBA and Executive education programs at HKUST, Peking University, Tsinghua University, and National University of Singapore, with course topics covering Managerial Decision Making and Leadership, Managerial Communication, Leading Change, and Business Leadership. <p>Caroline was formerly Vice President and the highest ranking Asian female executive at IBM globally with over 30 years of diverse working experiences in the United States and across Asia Pacific. During her stint at IBM her responsibilities spanned 12 functional areas, including being Vice President of Marketing, Information Technology, and Business Transformation. <p>Caroline currently serves as Board Director for three companies in Finance, Biomedical, and Technology industries.
- Author(s)Caroline Wang
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication13/08/2010
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Weight306 g
- Width151 mm
- Height223 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.