All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.93
- AU $23.60Trending at AU $29.65
- AU $32.93Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.93
- AU $30.83Trending at AU $32.07
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.73
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.07
About this product
- DescriptionDemonstrating the law's impact on daily business decisions and long-term strategies, Bagley's MANAGERS AND THE LEGAL ENVIRONMENT: STRATEGIES FOR THE 21ST CENTURY, 8E equips you with the legal kwledge and risk management techniques essential for success as a business manager. Rewned for its cutting-edge coverage and strategic approach, this book offers one of the most comprehensive yet easy-to-understand presentations of today's global legal environment of business. In-depth cases help you sharpen your critical thinking skills, and A Manager's Dilemma feature challenges you to consider such issues as whether to outsource labor to a country kwn for poor working conditions and the ethics of structuring a business to avoid domestic taxes. Whether you have significant management experience or are studying business for the first time, you will learn how to use principles of law to minimize risk and create value, attain core business objectives, identify and resolve legal issues, and effectively handle legal disputes. Up-to-date coverage includes the regulation of commercial speech, the disclosure of corporate political spending, the application of the Fourth Amendment to cell phone location data, the patentability of human genes, employees' use of social media, regulatory responses to climate change, the fiduciary duties of managers of limited liability companies, the FCC's proposed rules on net neutrality, the constitutionality of Obamacare, the use of race in college admissions, the Defense of Marriage Act, NSA surveillance programs, the right of college football players to unionize, and more.
- Author BiographyHighly respected author, award-winning teacher, and popular professional presenter, Constance E. Bagley is Professor in the Practice of Law and Management at Yale University and a Senior Research Fellow at Yale Law School. Before joining the Yale faculty, she was an Associate Professor at Harvard Business School, a Senior Lecturer in Law and Management at the Stanford University Graduate School of Business, and a corporate securities partner at Bingham McCutchen LLP. Professor Bagley received Yale's Excellence in Teaching Awards in 2009 and 2013. A past president of the Academy of Legal Studies in Business, she is a recipient of its Senior Faculty Award of Excellence. In addition to multiple published articles, Professor Bagley also authored WINNING LEGALLY: HOW MANAGERS CAN USE THE LAW TO CREATE VALUE, MARSHAL RESOURCES, AND MANAGE RISK (Harvard Business School Press, 2005), coauthored (with Craig E. Dauchy) THE ENTREPRENEUR'S GUIDE TO BUSINESS LAW, 4E (Cengage, 2012), and contributed to numerous other books. She received her JD (magna cum laude) from Harvard Law School and her AB (Honors and Distinction) from Stanford University. She received an honorary doctorate in economics from Lund University in Sweden.
- Author(s)Constance E. Bagley
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication01/01/2015
- SubjectNational Law: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationFlorence
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCengage Learning, Inc
- Out-of-print date25/05/2017
- Weight1905 g
- Width224 mm
- Height285 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Edition Statement8th edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.