All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $43.32
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $11.69
- AU $43.26Trending at AU $48.83
- AU $30.57Trending at AU $33.68
- AU $19.47Trending at AU $25.83
- AU $11.97Trending at AU $20.24
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $34.83
About this product
- DescriptionThe vast majority of existing academic research of coastal tourism resort management has been undertaken in rthern and southern Europe at the expense of a wider global consideration. This book aims to address this deficit and develop a global perspective on the management issues facing coastal resorts. By drawing on examples, it incorporates a detailed analysis of a range of ecomic, socio-cultural, political and environmental issues which are being experienced, to differing extents, by coastal tourism resorts which are at different life-cycle stages of development. The major management themes highlighted include the processes of restructuring, attempts to develop sustainable agendas and environmental issues of developing resorts in sensitive areas. Written by key experts, this book provides a critical assessment of the key management issues facing coastal tourism resorts globally. In doing so, it represents more than a mere amalgamation of existing literature as it aims to advance conceptual understanding of resort evolution and change.
- Author BiographySheela Agarwal is current Senior Lecturer in Tourism Management at the University of Plymouth. She is a leading expert on coastal resorts and has published widely on resorts and, more especially, on the problems facing English seaside resorts, including social exclusion, and on resort restructuring. Gareth Shaw is currently Professor of Retail and Tourism Management at the University of Exeter. He has published a number of key texts in tourism including; Critical Issues in Tourism (Blackwells 2002) and Tourism and Tourism Spaces (Sage 2004).
- PublisherChannel View Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication19/10/2007
- SubjectIndustrial Studies: General
- Series TitleAspects of Tourism
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 34
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintChannel View Publications
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight637 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edited byProfessor Gareth Shaw,Sheela Agarwal
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.