Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.55Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.87Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
- AU $37.64Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $51.27
- AU $30.79Trending at AU $36.54
About this product
- DescriptionAddressing the issues unique to managers of creative technical staff, this guide reflects t only Ronald Kay's long experience observing and teaching successful management techniques, but also treats the expanding challenges due to increasingly globally-based projects and staff. As before, Kay's guide helps readers to prepare themselves, graduate students and others to understand and improve their managerial skills and covers such practical, yet sometimes overlooked, steps such as: individual and team behavior of creative technical staff; managing their own and others' R&D projects; hiring, evaluating and compensating technical staff; R&D proposals and administrative functions; and presentations, meetings and organizational culture. New to this edition are a chapter on the global impact of high-tech enterprises and sections on the roles of foundations and government funding and task-force participation. Also tackled are the basics of starting, financing and staffing venture-capital-funded enterprises. What's more, this book also serves to increase the awareness and kwledge base of anyone who needs to meet the challenge of managing people with the creative energies that drive techlogically-based ecomic growth.
- Author BiographyRonald Kay moved on to hold a wide range of management positions in IBM R&D departments. He is also an experienced university teacher in the areas of management, information technology and computing. Most recently, Ronald Kay has been active as an independent consultant to the information technology industry, specializing in the management of R&D, large information systems, and technology assessment. He has also played a leading role in the establishment of the International Computer Science Institute at the University of California at Berkeley.
- Author(s)Ronald Kay
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication11/06/2014
- SubjectAdult & Further Education
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Notebiography
- Weight338 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edition Statement2nd ed. 2012
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.