All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe demand from library users for audiovisual materials and remote access combined with the unceasing deterioration and inaccessibility of many audiovisual formats requires libraries to adapt their collections to meet current and future demands. While this changing landscape of digitization and resource management may seem daunting, it represents an opportunity to bolster a library's relevancy and competitiveness. Managing Digital Audiovisual Resources fills a gap as a single concise guide for real world basics, broad concepts, and practical needs from techlogies to collections to promotion. The easy-to-read book is geared towards the ongoing management of digital audiovisual resources, presenting real world scenarios and ways to think through balancing all of the many factors and needs for these collections, dealing with limited resources, materials with different levels of significance, materials facing different levels of preservation risk, factors for decision making, and resources for other options.
- Author BiographyMatthew C. Mariner is an assistant professor and Head of Special Collections and Digital Initiatives at Auraria Library, a downtown Denver-based tri-institutional library serving The University of Colorado Denver, Metropolitan State University, and The Community College of Denver.
- Author(s)Matthew C. Mariner
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication12/03/2014
- SubjectLibrary & Information Science
- Series TitleThe Practical Guides for Librarians Series
- Series Part/Volume Number3
- Place of PublicationLanham
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Education
- Content Note27 black & white halftones, 4 tables
- Weight417 g
- Width216 mm
- Height281 mm
- Spine9 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.69Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.08
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.