All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDiversity - social, cultural, linguistic and ethnic - poses a challenge to all educational systems. Some authorities, schools and teachers look upon it as a problem, an obstacle to the achievement of national educational goals, while for others it offers new opportunities. Successive PISA reports have laid bare the relative lack of success in addressing the needs of diverse school populations and helping children develop the competences they need to succeed in society. The book is divided into three parts that deal in turn with policy and its implications, pedagogical practice, and responses to the challenge of diversity that go beyond the language of schooling. This volume features the latest research from eight different countries, and will appeal to anyone involved in the educational integration of immigrant children and adolescents.
- Author BiographyDavid Little is Fellow and Associate Professor Emeritus at Trinity College Dublin, Ireland. His recent publications include The Linguistic and Educational Integration of Children and Adolescents from Migrant Backgrounds (2010). Constant Leung is a Professor of Educational Linguistics at King's College London, UK. His recent publications include English - A Changing Medium for Education (2012, edited with Brian Street). Piet Van Avermaet is a Professor in the Linguistics Department, Ghent University, Belgium and Head of the Centre for Diversity & Learning, Ghent University. His research interests include diversity and social inequality in education, multilingual and multicultural education, and language and the integration of immigrants.
- PublisherChannel View Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication08/11/2013
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleNew Perspectives on Language and Education
- Series Part/Volume Number33
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMultilingual Matters
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight420 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edited byConstant Leung,David Little,Piet Van Avermaet
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.24
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.23
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.52
- AU $12.82Trending at AU $13.77
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.00
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.46
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.41
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.