Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $35.30Trending at AU $38.10
- AU $14.11Trending at AU $24.13
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.18
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.98
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.38
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.48
About this product
- DescriptionAs we enter the twenty-first century, America's workforce looks markedly different than it ever has before. Compared with even twenty years ago, more white women, people of color, disabled persons, new and recent immigrants, gays and lesbians, and intergenerational mixes w work in America. The way in which government employers embrace this opportunity of diversity will clearly distinguish effective and efficient organizations from those which are unproductive and unable to meet the demands and necessities of the American people in the new century.This book addresses the demographic changes to the labor force and workplace and the ways in which government employers are managing the imminently diverse populations that w fill public sector jobs. It addresses the specific management strategies and initiatives relied upon by public sector employers as well as the implications of effectively managing variegated workforces for the overall governance of American society.
- Author BiographyNorma M. Riccucci is professor of public administration at Rutgers University.
- Author(s)Norma M. Riccucci
- PublisherThe Perseus Books Group
- Date of Publication08/02/2002
- SubjectGender Studies / Gay & Lesbian Studies
- Place of PublicationBoulder, CO
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWestview Press Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight271 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.