All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.16
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.97
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.95
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.45
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.82
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.12
About this product
- DescriptionA companion to the editor's previous volume, Communicating Employee Responsibilities and Rights, this book summarizes the current state of kwledge in the area of employee responsibilities and rights and points to future directions for research and practice. The contributors examine the theory behind employee rights and responsibilities and suggest the need for a shift from discipline-specific orientations to the development of an interdisciplinary paradigm. They emphasize the need to look at rights and responsibilities issues from a broad management context and examine the management of the various issues in modern organizations. Detailed case studies of programs that have worked well, short case examples, court decisions, and quantified data document specific ideas throughout the book. The book is divided into four sections, beginning with two introductory essays. Three chapters follow that address legal issues such as legislation to protect against unjust discharge, the current status of wrongful dismissal legislation, and trends in Title VII discrimination legal theories. In the next seven chapters that address human resources and management education perspectives, the contributors treat topics involving positive discipline, internal mechanisms for resolving employee complaints, the ombudsman model of managing employee rights, whistleblowing, and the responsibilities of management education to help fulfill the rights of students and future business leaders. The concluding section contains two chapters and examines whether employee rights strategies are desired or required and develops a social constructionist and political ecomic perspective of employee rights. Taken together, these chapters offer the most comprehensive exposition of this complex subject available to date.
- Author BiographyCHIMEZIE A. B. OSIGWEH, YG., Professor of Management and Director of Personnel and Industrial Relations Research at Norfolk State University, is President of the Council on Employee Responsibilities and Rights in Virginia Beach, Virginia. His previous publications include Communicating Employee Responsibilities and Rights (Quorum Books, 1987), Improving Problem Solving Participation, Professional Management, Organizational Science Abroad, and The Divided Organization. Osigweh is Editor-in-Chief of the Employee's Responsibilities and Rights Journal.
- Author(s)Chimezie A. B. Osigweh
- Date of Publication03/11/1989
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Place of PublicationSanta Barbara, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintQuorum Books,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight628 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.