All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNow in a fully revised and expanded second edition, this widely adopted text and practical reference addresses all aspects of developing and using geographic information systems (GIS) within an organization. Coverage includes the role of the GIS professional, how geographic information fits into broader management information systems, the use of GIS in strategic planning, and ways to navigate the organizational processes that support or inhibit the success of GIS implementation. All chapters retained from the prior edition have been thoroughly updated to reflect significant techlogical, empirical, and conceptual advances, as well as the changing contexts of GIS use. New chapters discuss organizational politics, metadata, legal issues, and GIS ethics.
- Author BiographyNancy J. Obermeyer, PhD, is Associate Professor of Geography at Indiana State University. Her research interests include GIS implementation issues, public-participation GIS, professionalism, and ethics. Dr. Obermeyer began her professional life in several Illinois state agencies, working as an analyst in the Office of Planning, an energy planner in the Department of Energy and Natural Resources, and a project manager in the Department of Transportation. She was a member of the founding Board of Directors of the GIS Certification Institution (GISCI), and currently serves on GISCI's Ethics Committee. Jeffrey K. Pinto, PhD, is Professor of Management at Penn State Erie, The Behrend College. His research interests include project management, information system implementation, power and political processes in organizations, and the diffusion of innovations. Dr. Pinto holds the Andrew Morrow and Elizabeth Lee Black Chair in Management of Technology, has received the Distinguished Contribution Award from the Project Management Institute and the Behrend Council of Fellows Research Award, and has consulting experience with a number of major organizations.
- Author(s)Jeffrey K. Pinto,Nancy J. Obermeyer
- PublisherGuilford Publications
- Date of Publication17/01/2008
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGuilford Publications
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight614 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.00
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.80
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $78.77Trending at AU $116.22
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.66
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.85
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.