All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $44.73Trending at AU $47.15
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $28.26
About this product
- DescriptionGiven the ermous ecomic and developmental changes being experienced by nations in the Asia-Pacific region, and the related movement of people between and across countries, it is critical that we better understand the HRM policies and practices of these nations. The latest instalment in the Global HRM series, Managing Human Resources in Asia-Pacific (2E) presents the HRM situations in a number of South-East Asian and Pacific Rim countries, highlighting the growth of the personnel and HR function, the dominant HRM system(s) in the area, the influence of different factors on HRM, and the challenges faced by HR functions in these nations. This edition extends its coverage to Cambodia, Fiji, Indonesia, and the Philippines; a new chapter discusses HR research challenges in the region, such as the transferability of western constructs, problems with data collection, and the emergence of MNEs from Asia Pacific.
- Author BiographyArup Varma is Professor of Human Resource Management at Loyola University Chicago's Quinlan School of Business. From 2002-2007 Arup was Director of the HRER Institute and Chair of the HRM department at the School of Business Administration. Varma earned his Ph.D. from Rutgers University, an M.S. in Personnel Management & Industrial Relations (with honors) from XLRI Jamshedpur (India) and a B.S. in Economics(with honors) from St. Xavier's College, Calcutta, India. Dr.Varma's research interests include performance appraisal, expatriate issues, and HRM in India. He has published over 40 articles in leading journals including Academy of Management Journal, Personnel Psychology, Journal of Applied Psychology, Human Resource Management Review and the Journal of World Business. He is also co-founder and President-elect of the Indian Academy of Management. Pawan Budhwar is a Professor of International HRM and Associate Dean Research at Aston Business School, UK. He is a Co-Founder and first President of the Indian Academy of Management. Budhwar has published over 75 articles in a number of leading journals on International HRM/OB related topics with a specific focus on India. He has also written and/or co-edited 9 books on HRM related topics on: Asia-Pacific, Middle East, Performance Management, India, Developing Countries, Research Methods, Major Works in International HRM and Doing Business in India. He is on the editorial board of over ten journals and is an Associate Editor of Human Resource Management. Budhwar is also an advisor to the Commonwealth Commission for scholarships and fellowships, a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy and the British Academy of Management and an Academician of the Academy of Social Sciences. He is also a Chartered Member of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication02/04/2012
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleGlobal HRM
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note20 black & white tables, 9 black & white line drawings
- Weight589 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byArup Varma,Pawan S. Budhwar
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.