Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $21.10
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.07
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.41
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
About this product
- DescriptionAnyone involved in systems work for libraries will benefit from this masterful compilation written from the authors' experience in academic backgrounds. Whether the reader is a student pursuing a career in library systems or information techlogy, or an employee in a library systems office or in a supporting information techlogy division, the advice and descriptions in this book will prove helpful to readers involved in systems work related to any type of library. Chapters begin with planning and proceed through every possible aspect of the relationships and work involved for successful cooperation among libraries and information techlogy services. Topics include staffing and reporting lines, inter-organizational relationships and proceed through training, daily, and periodic operations to research and new techlogies. A series of resource materials and a list of additional reading conclude the book.
- Author BiographyPATRICIA INGERSOLL is the Associate Director for Library Systems and Assistant Professor at the University of Denver, Penrose, Library. She has spent more than 20 years working in academic libraries. Her other research interests include Staff Development and Resource Sharing. JOHN CULSHAW is Associate Professor and Faculty Director for Systems at the University of Colorado, Boulder, Libraries. He has worked in academic libraries for more than 15 years. He has also served the academic library community as chair of the international Innovative Users Group and facilitator of the Rocky Mountain Regional Innovative Users Group.
- Author(s)John Culshaw,Patricia Ingersoll
- Date of Publication30/10/2004
- SubjectLibrary & Information Science
- Series TitleLibraries Unlimited Library Management Collection
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Note7 figures
- Weight485 g
- Width235 mm
- Height155 mm
- Spine22 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.