All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe information context of the modern organization is rapidly evolving in the face of intense global competition. Information techlogies, including databases, new telecommunications systems, and software for synthesizing information, make a vast array of information available to an ever expanding number of organizational members. Management's exclusive control over kwledge is steadily declining, in part because of the downsizing of organizations and the decline of the number of layers in an organizational hierarchy. These trends, as well as issues surrounding the Web 2.0 and social networking, mean that it is increasingly important that we understand how informal kwledge networks impact the generation, capturing, storing, dissemination, and application of kwledge. This invative book provides a thorough analysis of kwledge networks, focusing on how relationships contribute to the creation of kwledge, its distribution within organizations, how it is diffused and transferred, and how people find it and share it collaboratively.
- Author BiographyJ. David Johnson has been Dean of the College of Communications and Information Studies at the University of Kentucky since 1998. He has also held academic positions at the University of Wisconsin Milwaukee, Arizona State University, the State University of New York at Buffalo, Michigan State University, and was a media research analyst for the US Information Agency. He has been recognized as among the one hundred most prolific publishers of refereed journal articles in the history of the communication discipline.
- Author(s)J. David Johnson
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication01/10/2009
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note11 tables
- Weight910 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine21 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $133.26Trending at AU $138.02
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.32
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $36.29
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.53
- AU $30.90Trending at AU $31.55
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.06
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $50.95
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.