Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.07
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $59.39Trending at AU $61.38
About this product
- DescriptionThis professional reference provides solid advice to academic and public librarians for managing performing arts collections. The volume is divided into sections on the history of performing arts librarianship, dance collections, film studies collections, music collections, and theater collections. Each chapter is written by one or more expert contributors and presents current and reliable information on collection management. They discuss personnel management, collection development, technical services, public services, the impact of new techlogies, facilities management, financial planning, and political considerations. Each chapter closes with references cited in the chapter, and the volume concludes with a valuable selected, antated bibliography of important background sources and management tools.
- Author BiographyCAROLYN A. SHEEHY is Clare and Lucy Oesterle Director of Library Services at North Central College, Naperville, Illinois. She was formerly an Assistant Professor and Head of the Reference Department at the library of the University of Illinois at Chicago, and the Administrative Curator of special collections at The Newberry Library, where she helped launch the Chicago Dance Collection. She has published many works on the performing arts, archives and manuscripts, and public services (including Reference and Information Service in Academic Libraries in Urban and Metropolitan Areas: A Management Handbook, edited by Gerard B. McCabe, Greenwood Press, 1992). She is an active member of several local, state, and national library associations.
- Author(s)Carolyn A. Sheehy
- Date of Publication21/07/1994
- SubjectLibrary & Information Science
- Series TitleLibraries Unlimited Library Management Collection
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight524 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
- Edition Statementannotated edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.