All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSide effects can jeopardize treatment adherence and discourage the use of otherwise effective pharmacotherapies. How can busy clinicians best anticipate and manage the drug side effects experienced by their patients? How are they best able to make medication decisions that balance treatment risks and benefits thoughtfully and confidently? Filling a critical gap, Managing the Side Effects of Psychotropic Medications provides a wealth of practical and comprehensive kwledge to help clinicians recognize and navigate the diversity of end-organ psychotropic drug effects. This well-crafted resource will help practitioners better understand the consequences of available drug therapies, the range of strategies to effectively counteract adverse effects, and the scientific and practical implications of their treatment decisions. The highly respected authors contribute their depth of clinical wisdom in this supremely useful volume, presenting information that is either unavailable or less clearly distilled in psychopharmacology textbooks. Moreover, this work translates the oft-buried helpful elements of clinical trial data into wise counsel for real-world practice. This excellent and unique work deconstructs complex scenarios into understandable components, providing invaluable guidance to clinicians as they consider options for managing adverse drug effects that range from the most common to the most serious.
- Author BiographyJoseph F. Goldberg, M.D., M.S., is Associate Clinical Professor of Psychiatry at Mount Sinai School of Medicine in New York, New York, and Director of the Affective Disorders Research Program at Silver Hill Hospital in New Canaan, Connecticut.Carrie L. Ernst, M.D., a consultation-liaison psychiatrist, is Assistant Professor of Psychiatry and Assistant Director of the Psychosomatic Medicine Fellowship Program at the Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, New York.
- Author(s)Carrie L. Ernst,Joseph F. Goldberg
- PublisherAmerican Psychiatric Publishing
- Date of Publication20/12/2011
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationArlington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAmerican Psychiatric Publishing
- Content Notetables, line drawings
- Weight839 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Foreword byStephen M. Stahl
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.19
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $19.03Trending at AU $22.17
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.