All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAll good managers working in sport need to have a clear understanding of the principles of finance and accounting. Whether working in the private, public or voluntary sectors, a firm grasp of the basic concepts and techniques of financial management is essential if a manager is to make effective decisions and to implement those decisions successfully. Managing Sport Finance is the first book to offer a comprehensive introduction to financial management and accounting specifically designed for managers working in sport. The book assumes prior kwledge of finance or accounting on the part of the reader. It clearly and succinctly guides the reader through each key concept and practical technique, including: * balance sheets * income statements * costing systems and decision making * investment appraisal * budgeting and budgetary control * double entry bookkeeping * funding for sport * interpreting annual reports. Using a rich variety of case studies, examples and data from the real world of sport management, the book places each concept into a managerial context, ensuring that the reader understands why that concept is important and how best to employ each technique. Each chapter also contains a range of useful features, including chapter introductions, learning objectives, activities, summaries, review questions and further reading. This is the most useful, comprehensive and accessible introduction to financial management for sport currently available and is essential reading for any student of sport management or sport development.
- Author BiographyRobert Wilson is a Principal Lecturer in Sport Business Management at Sheffield Hallam University, UK. His subject specialisms are financial reporting, management accounting and economic decision-making in the sport industry, and his research interests are in the financing of professional team sport and the economics of major events. He is the co-author of Finance for Sport and Leisure Managers: An Introduction, and a recognised expert in learning, teaching and assessment in higher education.
- Author(s)Robert Wilson
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication16/03/2011
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note163 black & white tables, 64 black & white line drawings
- Weight529 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $74.54Trending at AU $75.65
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.58
- AU $31.33Trending at AU $37.07
- AU $17.67Trending at AU $22.78
- AU $13.09Trending at AU $16.63
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.34
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $50.97
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.