All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.73Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.32
About this product
- DescriptionPaul Iles provides a distinctive approach to managing staff selection and assessment in organizations. He discusses t only the dominant psychometric model but also draws upon perspectives from strategic management theory, social psychology, and critical theory. This is an accessible text which discusses developments both in the UK and internationally, provides specific organizational case studies, and describes recent research findings and their implications for organizational practice. It locates techniques and procedures in the contexts of corporate strategy, structure and culture. It shows how organizations have sought to use assessment strategically in the search for competitive advantage: recruiting, selecting, appraising and developing staff in order to bring about organizational and cultural change. The book concludes by applying its frameworks to an area of key significance : the identification, assessment and development of managerial competence.
- Author BiographyPaul Iles is Littlewoods Professor of Human Resource Development at Liverpool John Moores University. A chartered psychologist and Fellow of the Institute of Personnel and Development, he was previously at the Open University Business School. His research interests are in managerial assessment and development, career development, diversity, international human resource management, and organizational development and learning; he has published and consulted widely in these fields.
- Author(s)Paul Iles
- PublisherOpen University Press
- Date of Publication01/12/1998
- SubjectCareers & Success
- Series TitleManaging Work and Organizations
- Place of PublicationMilton Keynes
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOpen University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight240 g
- Width139 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.