All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.37
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
About this product
- DescriptionIntelligently designed tourism strategies for the twenty-first century! Successful tourism development and marketing are dependent on maintaining a delicate balance between ecomic growth and the protection of environments. Managing Sustainable Tourism: A Legacy for the Future tackles the tough issues of tourism such as negative environmental impact and cultural degradation, and provides answers that don't sacrifice positive ecomic growth. This essential book offers practical plans for fostering harmonious relationships among local communities, the private sector, t-for-profit organizations, academic institutions, and governments at all levels as well as develops management practices and philosophies that protect natural, built, and cultural environments while reinforcing positive and orderly ecomic growth. Managing Sustainable Tourism discusses in-depth the sensible guidelines for protecting environment, heritage sites, and local culture while developing realistic tourism goals for compatible ecomic growth. Useful strategies for sustainable tourism are detailed for each tourism type, along with useful tried-and-true marketing techniques aimed at cooperation and respect for all types of environments. Case studies, research, and supplemental reading lists clearly illustrate ideas and the author's qualified suggestions. Managing Sustainable Tourism explores: * the future of the tourism industry * understanding sustainable tourism * the ecomics of community growth through tourism * marketing the sustainable tourism product * nature tourism * heritage tourism * cultural tourism * rural tourism * practical guidelines for sustainable tourism * a workable global sustainable tourism initiative Managing Sustainable Tourism is an ideal resource for educators, students, developers, entrepreneurs, investors, tourism strategists, planners, policymakers, and anyone interested in sustainable tourism for the new millennium.
- Author(s)David L. Edgell,Kaye Sung Chon
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication01/03/2006
- SubjectIndustrial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationBinghamton
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHaworth Press Inc
- Weight430 g
- Width156 mm
- Height225 mm
- Spine17 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.