CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $34.60
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $23.42
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
About this product
- DescriptionGetting effective, error free affordable healthcare is challenging. Managing Your Doctor is here to help. An information overload doctor can keep up with; endless manipulations by drug and medical device companies; a take over by profit seeking corporations; laws that disadvantage the patient; an epidemic of medical and billing errors combine with the ever increasing complexity of medicine all contribute to the problem. The antidote is the right information - which this book provides, divided into sections on getting the right doctor; diagsis; information; treatment; price; future; even the right death (as terminal care is toriously badly handled) and advice on a home medical kit.
- Author BiographyBorn in England, educated in a do-as-you-like school (Dartington Hall) then gaining a medical education at prestigious Guys Hospital in London he worked on 4 continents before moving to the US in 1982, completing residency in family practice at SUNY at Stony Brook. After more than 40 years, most of them in the trenches of primary care, he has developed an interest in coaching patients to help themselves and throw off the ingrained notion that the doctor knows best. Since retiring from full time practice in Stafford, Virginia, he has become volunteer medical director of the Lloyd Moss Free Clinic, writes regular medical columns for two local newspapers and has worked on the concept of what he calls 'medical emancipation' to help patients get the effective affordable healthcare and writing this health guide.
- Author(s)Patrick Neustatter MD
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication31/08/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight526 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.