All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionManaging a Dental Practice the Genghis Khan Way shows you how to turn your practice into a successful business. Being an effective practice manager demands a clear vision, sufficient business kwledge and, above all, wise judgement. Never intended to be a theoretical book, this is a warts-and-all guide to managing a dental practice, written by someone who's been there, made mistakes and survived. It will show you the importance of teamwork and communication, staying close to your patients and prudent financial management. So why Genghis Khan? Well, Genghis Khan was a charismatic leader in the late twelfth and early thirteenth centuries who created one of the world's greatest empires. His hugely successful strategies included intelligence gathering, being quick to learn and adopt new techlogies and successful people management. Whichever way you look at it, you will need all of Genghis Khan's skill, strength and tenacity to be a successful dentist and business owner. This revised edition has been thoroughly updated and adds a section on buying and setting up a practice as well as much more about managing patients and employees. You will find information on leadership, team building and working with other clinicians. The Policies and Procedures section w includes a new chapter on how to manage the Care Quality Commission. In many ways, this book reflects the author's own odyssey through the choppy waters of practice ownership and the resulting insights and understanding of how to successfully manage a dental practice.
- Author BiographyMichael R. Young, BA, BDS, MSc, is a former clinician, practice owner, and independent clinical negligence expert witness. His practice was one of the first in the UK to be awarded the British Dental Association Good Practice. Dr. Young is also a highly respected and much sought-after writer who has for many years been a regular contributor to various dental and non-dental publications around the world. He has contributed to books as well as the New Law Journal and to Solicitors Journal. As well as being a dental graduate, Dr. Young holds a BA in classics and history. In his spare time he likes to write fiction. He has written a play, a short story, and one piece of flash fiction.
- Author(s)Michael R. Young
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication11/03/2016
- SubjectDentistry & Dental Nursing
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published1899
- ImprintRadcliffe Publishing Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight385 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.50Trending at AU $75.22
- AU $143.50Trending at AU $152.67
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $56.19
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.58
- AU $20.94Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $20.25Trending at AU $22.04
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.